Usually, most portable carpet cleaners do not come with a built-in heater. However, if you are looking for such portable model, the Bissell Little Green ProHeat multi-purpose carpet cleaner can be perhaps the most efficient option. It is GREEN, as it is made using recycled plastic that is more than 50% in quantity. Designed to deliver heated cleaning power, this BISSELL Little Green deep cleaner comes with a water heater for heating the hot water from the tap up to 25 degrees Fahrenheit, more than the original temperature. This helps in removing all types of stains and pet messes on small areas, not big ones, in the most efficient way. Rather than waiting for the water to get hot, the cleaner does so on its own, once you switch it on.
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat with heater is very affordable and preferable because most customers are of the opinion that warmed water is more efficient in cleaning than the water at normal temperature. This efficiency is applicable to carpet stains, upholstery stains, and spots in car interiors. The BISSELL Little Green machine comes with a pair of hand tools, bendable hosepipe, a spraying deep-crevice tool, and a hard stain brush.
Functional Performance. Is BISSELL Little Green Machine the Best Small Carpet Cleaner?
This little green cleaner swiftly discards stains and spills effectively from carpets, including those that have been there since many months or years. It is termed as a multi-purpose carpet cleaner machine, as it can remove such stains and pet messes from other items as well, such as furniture and auto interiors. Many customers term it as wet vacuum, because it suctions in the unclean water from the fabric.
The suction power is quite powerful enough to take away most of the moisture. This is perhaps the most wanted utility, as it ensures that watermarks shall not be left after cleaning fabric or microsuede upholstery. With the suction power, the cleaner uses a non-motorized brush (turbo powered) for scrubbing and cleaning. Alternately, you can buy an optional turbo brush tool.
For dealing with genuinely challenging stains, a handheld carpet brush along with a cleaning solution is preferred. This mix of tools pre-treat and scrub after which you can use this cleaner for one more powerful round of scrubbing and suctioning.
- On Small Areas: This actually best inexpensive carpet cleaner is designed for grooming up smaller stains and spots, as the cleaning brush is not wide enough to cover bigger sections.
- On Carpet Edges: It is obvious that the carpet edges touching the wall become dustier and darker with time. An upright steam or vacuum cleaner perhaps is unable to reach these corners. However, this unit can easily reach up to them through its included Deep Reach tool that ensures robust spot cleaning. The tools design is long but narrow due to which it reaches and operates easily in those areas.
- In the Auto Interiors and On Home Upholstery: BISSELL Little Green Clean Machine is efficient in cleaning the auto interiors where the car seats or RV couches might have black spots that simply do not go away with any cleaning method. It is the crevice tool that cleans those car seats, car carpets, and the crevice areas more efficiently than the auto detailing service.
- On Pet and Kid Stains: The blend of portability and cleaning power renders this unit great for cleaning child spills and pet messes. You can conveniently remove all of them before they penetrate deep inside and become rigid.
- Built-in Heater: This deep cleaner with a hot water heater gives best results, although it is optional heat the water. If you decide to heat, it takes 30 seconds to get to its optimum cleaning temperature after which a light illuminates to indicate so.
- Assembly: Unlike a few popular top carpet cleaners, this one does not come as an assembled unit. However, assembling it is a quick and simple process wherein the hose clip affixes by gliding into its front opening, flex hose bracket secures itself with two head screws and glides into a slot, and the tool clip holder also glides onto the bracket. The manual provides legible and easy directions for assembling and using this multi-purpose unit along with troubleshooting tips.
- Dual Tank System: Like other portable cleaners, this Bissell Llittle Green spot cleaner also comes with separate, easy-to-insert or easy-to-remove tanks. One tank is for filling clean water with detergent or solution, while the other collects the 48 oz dirty water. Because the dirty water tank is sizeable, you will have fewer visits for draining it to the sink. You can load the other tank with either fresh or hot faucet water (but not boiling). Both the tanks are easily removable, as you only have to lift them up from the base and then remove the caps.
- Lightweight and Compact: With a weight of just 13 lbs, this little green unit is perhaps one of the most lightweight units. Hardly, any portable cleaner goes below 13 lbs, without the water being added to the tank. The dimensions are also such that they render this unit far compact as compared to other popular models. While the cord wrap utility facilitates the 15-inch long power cord to enfold against the units side, the flex hose swathes around the units base and a clip secures it for rendering a small footprint for storage.
- 9 Amps Power: This much power is perhaps considered as the highest motor power of all Bissell machines. A part of it is for powering the water heater and this is the reason why the amount of power is so high. The Little Green 1400 model has 3 amperes, while the SpotClean Pro 3624 has 5.7 amperes. However, the power of 9 amps may not necessarily be the best cleanup strength. This is because there are models with 10 amperes of power although there is no built-in heater in them, such as the one from RugDoctor.
- Hand Tools: The unit comes with two hand tools namely, a crevice tool and a stain brush tool. The latter has a 3-inch cleaning path that facilitates efficient spot cleaning, while the former is for difficult-to-reach areas. If you have ever looked upon the former BISSELL listings, you might have even seen a turbo brush. However, this is now replaced by a crevice tool.
- Warranty: Well, this is only of one year. If the damage is not due to careless or negligent use, the brand replaces or repairs that part or component of the cleaner without taking any fee, during the warranty period, in most cases. However, many customers have reported this unit to be durable and long lasting despite frequent use.
Although this Bissell Little Green multi-purpose deep cleaner machine is capable of heating hot water even more, it is certainly not a vapor cleaner that heats like a steamer up to a steaming level. BISSELL Little Green machine is inexpensive and we think it is one of the best carpet cleaners. So therefore, consumers should not expect any kind of steam cleaning. For better heated up power, all you have to do is full hot water in the tank.
Once you have used BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Pet, you need to drain and wash the tanks immediately. This is especially applicable to the tank holding the dirty water. Although the tanks are such that they shall not leak while in use, it is less evident while the tanks are not kept empty and clean. As per the manual, it is fine to keep the formula and water mix in the clear water tank so that you can use it instantly the next time. However, this is exactly where you need to be careful about leakage.
After going through the manual instructions, it is worth for you to try hidden spots. Regardless of whether you are cleaning covers or carpets with this compact cleaner or any other unit, it is wise first to go through the directions and instructions and test the model first on a hidden spot. The guide for this unit covers a lot of handy suggestions as well as tips for getting the best possible outcome.
- Green makeup
- Portable and lightweight
- Easy to store anywhere
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Quick cleaning
- Quick, one-step sprays and suction for drying
- Heater included
- Quiet operation
- Efficient upholstery, pet messes, stairs, and car interiors cleaning
- Lasting for almost up to 10 years
- Cleaning possible in hard to reach areas where steam cleaning did not work
- Inefficient in cleaning the corners of cars or rooms
- Occasional leaks from dirty water tank
- A bit learning curve for beginners without any prior experience with cleaners
Conclusion of BISSELL Little Green Reviews. Is it Really Best Cheap Carpet Cleaner?
Consider this portable model if you need one such spot cleaner with a green make as well as a built-in heater. In the end of our review want to say that BISSELL Little Green portable deep cleaner machine is maybe best affordable carpet cleaner. This compact and lightweight but powerful model can quickly pick and dry out the stains on carpets, rugs, upholstery, or car interiors, regardless of whether you have small kids spilling over or pets leaving any kind of mess behind. You are bound to get your moneys worth by using it on small paces, not on big ones.